When it comes to trucks, Ford is one of the most reliable brands. They’re so good at it that their first thoughts are powerful, beautiful trucks when most people think of Ford.
The F-250 truck is one of Ford’s most outstanding truck series, and it is rated highly for many good reasons.
Still, people want a reasonable degree of comfort and luxury when they search for trucks in recent years, so having WIFI will score you some points. So, does the F-250 have it?
All recent Ford vehicles come equipped with a WIFI system, and the F-250 is no different. There’s so much to love about the F-250, and this is undoubtedly one of them. Ford puts comfort as a priority, so expect a Ford F-250 WIFI system and all the amazing things it offers, which I’ll talk about in this article.
How Can I Access and Use Ford F-250’s WIFI?
Now that we’ve established that the F-250 does come with WIFI, the next logical set of questions should be “How can I access it?” and “How do I use it?”.
The good news is that Ford has made using the WIFI hotspot function on the F-250 quite easy.
Including luxury tech in your vehicle’s features and then making it hard to use kinda defeats the whole purpose of the “luxury tech.
” Ford knows this and has made it possible for you to use this feature.
I’ll start with how you can access and activate your Ford F-250’s WIFI. Then we’ll proceed to its features and how to use them?
#1. How do access and activate the Wi-Fi hotspot function in your Ford F-250?
The Ford feature that allows you to access Wi-Fi is called the “Ford SYNC Connect.”
- Ensure that your vehicle is on. This fact should be a no-brainer, but some people may think they can use their F-250’s SYNC connect with the vehicle off, so I still found it useful to point this out.
- Now that we’ve ensured our vehicle is running, head to the Ford SYNC Connect screen. If you’re not familiar with the name, just know that it’s the same touchscreen you use to access most of your vehicle’s fancy features: Yup, that same one.
- Locate the “WIFI and hotspot” menu. It shouldn’t be hard to find if you’ve used a Ford vehicle with SYNC connect touchscreen before. Even if you haven’t, when you look at the screen, it’s one of the first options you’d see when you put on your vehicle.
- After clicking on the “WIFI and hotspot” menu, confirm that it is ON by checking the toggle button at the top. If it isn’t, simply click on it, and that will turn on your F-250 WIFI.
- In the settings tab on the screen, an SSID should appear if you’ve done everything correctly. Take note of the SSID number or tag; you don’t have to write it down. You’ll probably recognize it on your phone when you’ve connected to its hotspot.
- We have to make your vehicle’s WIFI hotspot visible like you would if you wanted to do so with a typical modern phone.
Click on the edit button and confirm that “WIFI visibility” is toggled on. If it isn’t, simply click on the button to make it visible, although it most likely will be by default.
And that’s that; if you successfully followed everything listed above, you’d have accessed and activated your vehicle’s WIFI hotspot.
See More: Does Ford F150 Have a Heads Up Display?
#2. How To Use Ford F-250’s WIFI Hotspot?
Now that we’ve successfully turned on the vehicle’s WIFI hotspot and made it visible, how do you use it?
It’s quite simple. You don’t have to install any Ford application or go to any website to get access to this and that.
All you need to do is connect to the WIFI hotspot like you would if you asked your friend to put on his WIFI hotspot for you to use for a while.
- If your phone has the WIFI feature, which I expect it to, just head there and put it on.
- When you’ve scanned for close-by hotspots, if it doesn’t automatically do so, you should see your F-250’s SSID. It should be among the list of closeby hotspots. Then, if you did everything correctly, click on it.
- You will have to input the hotspot’s password. You don’t know the password, do you? Don’t stress; it’s equally easy to find.
- Head back to your car’s Ford SYNC connect touchscreen and click on the WIFI hotspot’s settings. You’d find the “View password” button, click on it, and see your vehicle’s default password, input it on your device and connect.
- If you don’t like your car’s default password, you can easily change it. To do so, click on the edit button you saw before clicking on “View password.” Next, input your preferred with the Ford SYNC connect touchscreen keypad, and that’s that.
- Your F-250 can allow up to 10 WIFIs to connect, so everyone in your ride should be able to get access to the WIFI hotspot if you want them to; all you just need to do is share the password.
Is Ford F-250’s WIFI Hotspot Free?
The WIFI hotspot service isn’t free. Unfortunately, someone has to pay for the data expenses, and it isn’t Ford.
Still, if you reside in the US or Canada, you’ll get 3 gigabytes for free the first time you use your vehicle’s hotspot.
When you’ve exhausted that data, you’d need to buy data for your vehicle.
To buy more data, you’d have to use the “Ford pass” app or go to att.com/ford to buy data, and it’s quite easy to do. Is Ford F-250 Tremor Package Worth It?
HOW TO Ford Wi Fi Hotspot
You can do so much when you’ve got a vehicle that can serve as a WIFI hotspot for up to 10 people. After that, it’s up to you to decide what to do.
As you enjoy this amazing feature, make safe driving a priority! Don’t go streaming the latest episode of your favorite show while driving.
It sounds crazy, but people have done it, trust me. Instead, have fun with your F-250 and all its amazing features!